Even though Zurg’s birthday has already passed and Daisy’s isn’t until this summer, I wanted to share this cake recipe with you!
Who doesn’t love to celebrate their pooches birthday? Zurg gets quite spoiled, obviously. Daisy is actually my moms dog and when she adopted her, we weren’t too sure on her actual birthday. So we just guess it is sometime in July and go hiking to celebrate (her favorite).
Because Zurg has a January birthday, we can’t really go hiking so we usually celebrate with yummy treats and toys! The picture below was recent from his 4th birthday.
Talk about spoiled right? I didn’t have time to make a cake since I had to work all day. However, the cake I usually make is super easy and he LOVES it!
The recipe for the peanut butter banana cake:
- 1 or 2 ripe bananas- mashed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups of water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup peanut butter- melted
- Dog treats (Milkbone, Zukes, etc).
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 6″ or 8″ cake pan.
- Combine bananas, water, egg and peanut butter.
- Stir in baking powder and flour.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes or until fully cooked. You can check with a toothpick in the center of the cake and make sure toothpick is clean.
- Let the cake cool before frosting.
- Microwave the peanut butter so it is runny and smooth over the cake.
- Decorate with dog treats as desired.
- Serve and have a happy pup! This can be stored in the fridge as well. I only kept mine for a day or two.